Friday, June 27, 2014

Is This Real Life?!

So, Unable to Resist has been officially on sale for almost three weeks--whoa. It's been the most scary and eye-opening experience in my entire life. I mean--don't get me wrong, I've only just started, but my book, my baby, has been out in the world for weeks and it's held itself up pretty well. Now, that's not to say I don't have people who are going to hate it or hell--already do. And it pains me to know they feel that way, but it's the life I've decided to pursue. I'm willingly opening up myself for people to judge my work. I'm asking them to critique my every word. That's kind of insane. I must be some sort of masochist. 

There are days when I just want to curl up into a ball, take UtR off of amazon and say, "fuck it. It's not worth it. I don't have the backbone for this. It's time to close up shop and forget any of this ever happened." 


But, then, like a beacon of shinning hope,  I'll get a review. A complete stranger will tell me they love the book. That they connect with the characters and want me to write more. It's then that I have to step back and remember why I write, and why I love doing what I do. I remember why I put myself through so much stress and anxiety. 


I want to write stories that connect with people. It's okay not to connect with everyone, that's never going to happen, but connecting with SOMEONE--anyone--makes all of the bad seem not so harsh. The good is my buffer, it's my airbags, it's my saving grace. 


So, love it or hate it, that's okay--I'll take your criticism and promise to make it right in the next book.  I'm thankful for every person who reads the book. 


Bring it on, my lovelies. 


Till next time,


xoxo


-C


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik