Saturday, August 2, 2014

I Just Can't Even...

Here I am again, it's well past midnight and I can't sleep.

Really...

I tried going to bed. I shut my eyes and attempted to calm my nerves but nothing happened. I didn't drift off into dreamland or into the black oblivion of a really deep sleep. I'm here. Awake. And jittery.

Why, you ask?

Because I just finished the best book. And I don't mean that in the sense that's like, "Ohhhh, dude, I just read the best book." *fist bump* Yes, book nerds do that. :)

No.

I mean, I literally just read the best book ever. EVER. I've read thousands of books. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has hit my heart and my emotions like this particular one did. I'm floating. With what, I have no idea. I've never felt so damn much reading. Ever.

I'm confused. I'm conflicted. I'm full. I'm happy. I'm sad. I'm empty. I'm giddy. I'm wide awake. I'm in awe.

Water...

Water...

Water...

This book is liquid. It can't really be caught. It can't be put into one stereotypical category. It's alone. It's floating.

It's perfect.

I don't know if I'll ever get over this book.

It's one of those that you have to read over and over, simply because you have to purge the NEED out of your system.

That's what I've noticed with this genre. This style of writing. It brings out emotions that no other genre really does. It hits something on the head that can't be maintained anywhere else.

I love other genres. Put a good book in front of my face and I'll read it.

I think, in order to write...even a little bit, you have to have many flavors in your arsenal.

But, this...this book? This book is the reason why I specifically love this genre. It stands for everything that is good and great. It just is.

It. Is.

It is...everything.

I'm sad it's over. I'm sad I can't read it again for the first time.


If you want to buy the book, and I suggest you do. Here is the link.

http://amzn.com/B00HB62MC0

UGLY LOVE by Colleen Hoover

1 comment:

  1. O site de teste de velocidade da Internet é o mais importante para verificar a velocidade da Internet. Existem muitos sites e achei este bom artigo. Confira este blog

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik